Letter of Map Change

A Letter of Map Change can be issued by FEMA to remove a structure from the 100-year flood zone based on Elevation Certificate data.

What is a LOMC?

When a structure is elevated above the FEMA-determined base flood elevation, it is eligible to be removed from the high-risk flood zone through the Letter of Map Change process.

AFR can assist our clients in obtaining a Letter of Map Change through FEMA.

Our Certified Floodplain Managers will quickly determine if a property is eligible to be removed from the 100-year flood zone.

If a Letter of Map Change is issued, the structure will no longer require flood insurance. However, if flood insurance is purchased it will be at lower, preferred risk rates.

What is a LOMC?